Architectural desk lamp Mod. "Ro"
Chrome-plated brass and pressed glass
DESIGNER Studio BBPR (1932)
DIMENSIONS D. 43 x H. 42 /cm
Giuliana Gramigna, Repertorio del Design Italiano, vol.1, pg.104 (illustration)
Studio BBPR was an architectural and design studio established in Milan in 1932 among four Politecnico di Milano architects: Gian Luigi Banfi, Lodovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso, Enrico Peressutti, and Ernesto Nathan Rogers. The first letters of the last names of each made up the acronym by which the BBPR Archi- tects was founded. After the war, the three remaining Studio BBPR partners reopened the studio and changed the architectural landscape of their native Milan. The most prominent examples of Studio BBPR’s architectural structures in Milan are the Cimitero Monumentale di Milano and the Torre Velasca.